Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Knowing me, knowing you, Morten Harket

Ok, it's a bit late in the day but according to my little book, today is Morten Harket's birthday. Now I have always had soft spot for the boys from Norway, Morten Harket, Pål Wankatar and Magne 'Mags' Furuholmen. Well when I say soft spot I don't mean I have ever been a fan. I mean Morten could well be David Hasselhoff's twin brother and ever since 'Mags' rode across the Top of the Pops stage on skateboard any street cred they had went right out the window - a pity 'Mags' didn't follow on his board. However for many Thursday nights down the Hippodrome in London, on Frizby Foxx night (Peter Stringfellow's lady at the time), they often played the Sun always shines on TV and I did enjoy bopping away to it.

A few years back I bought their greatest hits CD (it was about a £, so don't worry) and on first listening there was another track on the CD I quite liked. Now a couple of days ago I was well into a bottle of wine and nostalgia kicked in. I pulled out the A-ha CD remembering there was this track I liked and thought I'd listen to it (yes the wine was flowing). I didn't know what track it was and so had to skip through them all until I found it. The problem was that as the opening strains kicked in I was saying to myself, 'Oh please don't let it be that one, it's awful'. Fortunatley I finally found it and my faith was restored as it still sounded fairly reasonable. If you want to listen to it you can here and the track is called 'I've been losing you'.

So happy belated birthday wishes Morten and thanks for the songs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm... It's Waaktaar. Not Wankatar.