Monday, September 26, 2005

Kendo my main man

OK, here it is. The link to the book that is topping my Christmas list this year. As seen on Jonathan Ross. I have linked to the image rather than the book beacuse if you can't find it on Amazon you've probably been in one too many half-nelsons.

The grapple manual

This looks like a great book. Not only is it put together by my all time pre-pubescent hero Kendo, but it also has a foreward by Mr World of Sport, Dickie Davies - you don't get names like that anymore. My only fear is that to make sure that the book sells they've added Hulk Hogan to the cover - now I am sure he never grappled with the likes of Mick Mcmanus and Giant Haystacks - hopefully he just has a footnote saying he existed. And so I look forward when I can open the pages and gaze longingly at Shirley Crabtree and Mr Nagasaki once again. I may even sit down especially on Saturday afternoons and relive my childhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And so I look forward when I can open the pages and gaze longingly at Shirley Crabtree and Mr Nagasaki once again."

Woah, there, tiger. Easy. I thought it was only accountants who sat and stared longingly at glossy books containing pictures of sweaty men grappling with each other. I had to throw away my WWF annual because the pages were all stuck together...

Darren said...

interestingly the darthmeister is buying drinks to celebrate his leaving this Firday at the Swan at 12.30. I don't know how many are going to turn up though ;-)