Thursday, January 19, 2006

The doctors, triads and brocolli

The local Chinese restaurant is very good. We're not talking 'take-away' here but restaurant. However they do a 'cheap' lunch menu that I have partaken of several times over the years I have lived here. On this menu many of the meals come with 'seasonal vegetables', however everytime you order one of these meals the 'seasonal vegetables' always turn out to be brocolli. Now I have nothing against brocolli, but why not simply put that on the menu, instead of giving the false hope that one day you may get spring green, or green beans.

So what is the link to my doctor? Well, it seems that I need to take a trip to the doctors for him to have a look at my knees. Currently when I walk up the stairs there is a clicking noise that I am sure shouldn't be there. This noise is coming from my knee and not the stair-boards as I first hoped. If I was a robot a good sprinkling of WD40 would help but I am, despite claims to the contrary from some, alive. The noise is coming from my right knee and so a trip to my 'Chinese' doc is called for. Now he is a good guy and a very competent doc. (When I say Chinese doc I mean his ethnic background is Chinese, not that when I go there he will give me some bark and twigs, tell me to boil it in hot water and drink the stuff.) Although there is always an irrational fear that he will send me away with a prescription for powdered rhino horn (or paerhaps that is simply wishful thinking).

Anyhow my doctor has a habit of talking about nothing inparticular when you go and visit him. On several occasions this leads to him expounding on the nutritional merits of, you guessed it brocolli. I am beginning to wonder if he is in league with the Chinese restuarant? Is there a sinister conection between the two? Or, has my wonderful little town been infiltrated by a Triad gang, who, having seen the rise in 'vegetarianism' have opted from drug smuggling into the 'brocolli' market? Perhaps there is more money to be made from 'Home countries green' than 'Moroccan Red'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL Now can a person say to that? Interesting to see how your mind makes connections I must say. That of course is all part of your charm. :D LOL Keep it up Big Guy!

Anonymous said...

Broccoli is the root of all evil