Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Why do I put myself through this?

I am in desperate need of help!

Am I in financial straights? Am I in a desperate situation at home? Have I lost faith in everything?

Well not exactly. I watched an episode of Mayo the new detective series on the BBC the other week. And it was dreadful, it was possibly the worst TV I have ever seen. It was stilted, predictable and unbelievable (and remember I am a huge Sci fi fan). I had high hopes for it, being on the BBC and believing that perhaps it may be similar to Janathan Creek. However, those hopes were dashed.

So what is my problem? Well the problem was that I then sat down to watch another episode of it the following week. Am I gluton for punishment? Ok, this episode did have Sylvestor McCoy as the Reverend Beaver (titter ye not) but even so, the program was again dreadful. But it is strangely addictive, so bad but I was drawn to watch it. For this I need help.

In the meantime here is a review of Mayo inspired by the Mighty Boosh.

1 comment:

Steve Tilley said...

Mayo was filmed in Leamington Spa. Some of it was done in a house in the next street to me. (The next street has very nice houses - mine is only quite nice.)

Programme is a sack of pants though. Only worth watching for those of us who can say, 'Oo lok the Spa Centre', or 'Gosh the River Leam looks cold.'