Thursday, March 15, 2007

I can't dry out the damp

The damp that I reported in my previous post is still there. I am now unable to dry it out as our microwave has decided to die.

On two different occasions it has now made a funny noise and has contained lightning whiclst powered up. I believe this to be outside of normal operational parameters and also quite dangerous. It did work okay for a day between these localised storms but when it happened for the second time there was clearly a problem.

I did look inside the oven to make sure there wasn't a metal spoon hidden at the back, or some nanotech spy fly, but couldn't see anything. My eyesight is quite good, with my glasses, and so I would have seen some nanotechnology lurking - it would have needed to be reasonably large in order to react with the microwaves.

If there was some spy fly hanging around, and if it had survived its flight through the microwaves, I could have reprogrammed it to look for leak causing the damp. I fear I may need to talk to a tradesman.

2 comments:

zoe said...

why dry out the damp with a microwave ? isn't that .... oh never mind. a great idea at the time.

Darren said...

desperate times call for desperate measures